If you’re the type that gags at the thought of Valentine’s Day, I get it. I really do. It’s a bit mushy mushy, most of the time.
But just in case you find yourself in a situation where you may want to celebrate Valentine’s day, here’s a list of ideas to get you started.
1. Plan a romantic picnic for two. It can be as elaborate or as simple as you want it.
2. Make your Valentine their favorite meal in the comforts of your own home. Light a few candles to rev up the romantic ambiance.
3. Snuggle up on the couch with a couple of movie rentals and order in take-out (my personal favorite).
4. Try a nice restaurant that you’ve been drooling to check out. Just make sure you call ahead for reservations, “V” Day is a crazy busy day for the restaurant industry.
5. Go on an adventure! Whether it’s skydiving, snorkeling, going for a hike, bike ride, anything. It’s all about experiencing it with each other.
6. Watch the sun rise, or set together. There’s something magically romantic in watching it happen.
7. Go for a wine tasting at a local winery or wine bar. If wine isn’t your thing, then go for a beer tasting at a local brewery. There’s much to learn between a stout and an IPA.
8. Plan a romantic weekend getaway (there are a ton of deals right now).
9. Go for a couples massage or day spa together. Who doesn’t love to get pampered once in a while? Even the manliest man loves it.
10. Looking for something sweet and budget friendly? Something as simple as leaving love notes around the house says all the reasons why you love them. Something this easy might mean more than a box of chocolates… Aaand if you’re feeling crafty, cut each note into a little heart. <3
What are some of your favorite things to do on Valentine’s Day?