I love chorizo, but cringe at the thought of what is actually in it. That’s how I came to love soy chorizo, and now you can too! Soy chorizo tastes just like chorizo and it is better for you. You can find this form of chorizo at your local supermarket in the vegetarian/soy products. I cooked the dish by discarding half of the yolks, to make it healthier, and adding mushrooms. After it’s all scrambled up, I add a pinch of cilantro, a sprinkle of tomatoes and a few slices of the fruit of the gods: avocado. I’m sure you’ll enjoy this festive dish just as much as I do.
- 4 eggs (separate and discard two of the egg yolks)
- 1 inch of chorizo (squeeze amount right out of casing, believe me the flavor goes a long way)
- 3-4 white mushrooms chopped
- A dash of garlic powder
- Sprinkle of reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- A quarter of Roma tomato chopped
- Couple sprigs of cilantro chopped
- A few slices of avocado
- Scramble eggs, soy chorizo, mushrooms, and garlic powder
- Dress with mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, cilantro and avocado
Serves 2. Enjoy!