Starbucks just came out with a new drink called Vivanno, which is supposed to be some fancy new beverage they invented. I’ve been making a drink similar to theirs for years and mine is much better! The combination of peanut butter, chocolate and banana mixed with some protein powder will give you enough energy and nutrients to get your day started. Plus, it’s to die for!
Bananas have a tendency to turn brown fast, so I recommend peeling and slicing them, then freezing them in a ziplock bag. This is a nice way to avoid using ice, making your smoothie super-creamy and rich, not watered down.
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 1 cup soy milk or non-fat milk
- 1 tbsp. all natural peanut butter
- 1 packet of sugar-free hot-cocoa (regular is fine too)
- 1 serving of soy protein or whey protein powder (I like Trader Joe’s brand but any brand will be fine)
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.