I made this tart over Christmas and got a huge response. So, naturally I thought it would be nice to share with you all. It’s pretty straightforward and takes only minutes to throw together, but looks likes you spent all morning making it. My kind of tart!
- pre-made frozen pie dough, thawed
- 2 cups blueberries, (frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 cup evaporated cane sugar (regular white sugar will work, too)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- a dash of salt (about 1/8 teaspoon)
Preheat oven to 420 degrees. Press pie dough in tart pan or pie pan. In a medium bowl, mix blueberries, lemon zest and sugar together. Pour blueberries into pie shell and bake on the lowest rack for 15 minutes at 425 degrees. Lower temperature to 350 degrees and bake for another 30-40 minutes, just until crust is lightly golden brown. Let cool and dust with powdered sugar.