Cava is a wonderful sparkling wine hailing from the Cava region in Spain. Cava is very to similar to Champagne, and actually follows the same labeling principles: it can only be called as such if the grapes were grown in that region of the country. Well, now that we’ve learned something, it’s time to have a drink! Every now and then I like to create a fun new drink combination, so why not add some strawberries to the bubbly? It especially suits this drink by adding a little sweetness to an already great taste. The strawberries are freshly mulched so with every sip you get a little bit of Cava-soaked strawberry, and the flavor just bursts in your mouth. Perfect for an outside gathering such as a barbecue, or a great way to get a “girls night out” started.
- Bottle of Spanish Cava
- 8-10 fresh organic strawberries (thinly sliced)
- 4 tablespoons of sweetener or organic sugar
This easily serves four or more, depending on how gracious you are with the servings.
- In a small bowl mulch together 8-9 strawberries – I find using a fork works well
- Add sweetener to strawberries and mix well
- Spoon the mulched strawberries evenly into the wine glasses
- Slice the remaining strawberries for decoration in the glass
- Pour chilled Cava over strawberries in the glass
- Adorn with remainder strawberries and make a toast!