When we have friends over for dinner I try my darndest to have a salad to go along with the meal. Mainly because I try to fill up on salad instead of the main course. This salad happens to be one of my favorites, and it packs a flavorful yet nutritious punch. I also like to add cauliflower to this salad combo, it just adds to the crunch factor. Chopped hard boiled eggs also make a delightful addition.
- 3 cups fresh broccoli, chopped into itsy bitsy pieces
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 large apple (I used Honey Crisp since it is in season but normally I would use Fuji apples), chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 cup Golden raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup good balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange champagne vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Whisk dressing ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Mix into salad a little at a time until you have reached the desired amount.